Sunday, March 25, 2007

Progress (or another step closer to fiber)

I will, I Will, I WILL get back to fiber content on this page one day. Thanks to each of you who have kept on reading, and commenting, and forgive my lack of responsiveness as I trek yet again to the lumberyard....

For now, you can see the progress of the new kitchen.


This is bar none the most amazing thing...to make improvements to a house BEFORE you move in, that you will enjoy before passing it on. How novel a concept. Every other home I have owned has been retrofitted and spiffed exactly one week before selling. Not quite sure what that says about me.

I think it speaks more to the fact that I was raised in the military, so I have this need to rearrange my living room every six months, just to feel "at home". The military life as a kid teaches you lots of things, such as:

The immediacy of friendships--be kind now, tomorrow you may be moving.

Happiness is where your people are--housing is something to keep the rain out.

Travel light--memories weigh less than possessions.

So do forgive if it seems odd, but I feel like a princess or editor of a home improvement show or even like someone in a magazine makeover layout. But the opulence of doing something just for me and mine to use and enjoy--call Webster's: there is a new definition for decadence.

Blue skies!