Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Meet Meadowlark

I want you all to meet Meadowlark.Yes, this is a picture I pilfered directly from the Majacraft New Zealand website. But since she began life there, I figured they wouldn't mind. I can't find my digital camera amidst the construction zone right now, so this is as good as it gets.

She joined me in spirit the weekend I was in California, meeting alpaca ranchers and sheep farmers. Her name is after the meadowlarks which have such sweet evening song out here in the west country. She arrived last week, but has not yet been out of her box.

She spent the first years of her life on a sheep farm, owned by a lovely woman, Sherry Carlson. I had the very distinct pleasure to meet Sherry in February on a visit to her farm. If you want to see the most AMAZING sheep, visit her website http://www.wensleydalesheep.com/index.htm

Unfortunately, her fleeces are sold, but she does have a waiting list and I am officially on it.

There will be an end to the construction. There will be an end to the wedding planning, culminating in a day of great joy. And then there will be time for me to listen to Meadowlark's song. Blue skies!