Sunday, May 20, 2007

Stellaaaaaaa!!!

Well, I know you are thinking of Mahlon Brandoh right now, but all I can think about is my little Stella Moona! Thank you all for your comments of encouragement. The internet at the hotel was really crappy, I think they had an old 286 with a 256K modem or something. But everyone was very friendly there, calling each other Miss Charlotte, or Miss Kim, which I found charming, so I forgive them.

Stella, cutie patootie, She took a second place at the Nationals! Woot, as my kids say. She was first in conformation, an excellent thing. But her fleece is so fine that the judge put her in second place because the fleece is not locking. After switching her to second, she said we were tied, and that the comparison had to go to fineness to break the tie. But we still tied on fineness, so the judge had to go to lock. And that is where Stella lost the first place. But we knew that going into it, so we are thrilled to know that she was first place for conformation! Fleece is the easiest characteristic to improve with breeding.

Plus, we had at least seven really well respected judges and breeders come by to take a look at her. They were all impressed with her coloring and luster. And the last breeder I met today as I walked around looking at females, said when I introduced myself, "Oh, I know who you are, someone told me about you and your little shorn girl. Where is she? I want to see her." As soon as he put his hands on her, he said, "Wow, she really is fine."

It's really fun to know we have such a great girl to start our farm.

Now, Carol has tagged me but my exceedingly long week is catching up and tomorrow I have to be interested and oh, yeah, awake at work. So it's beddie bye time for me.

Blue skies,

Lark