Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Remember Meadowlark?

Thanks to everyone who posted about the dress. I love it!

I posted a while back about Meadowlark, my new Majacraft Suzie I bought secondhand. She arrived and sat while we worked on the kitchen. When I opened the box, I was so excited to try her out. But something was very wrong from the first treadle. So I brought her to the dealer here and discovered that she had been dinged during shipment by a forklift through the side of the box! Seriously dinged. Dinged such that she cannot be repaired without $275 in parts.

Thankfully, the seller, a marvelous woman, had insured her for the purchase price and I have decided to buy new rather than repair. I just worry that a repair might not be the same as new, and I want a wheel that can sing her song with me.

So, here I am, wheel-less again. I wonder if I can make it to Estes Park this year. I have never been and would so like to go. Has anyone been? Do they have wheels to try and buy there?
I'd like to buy local, but there are some makers who are not carried locally. And I only have room for one wheel in my life.

Blue skies,

Lark