First, a huge thank you to all who commented, or wrote notes of sympathy and offered prayers on the recent death of my oldest brother Gary. It's been very helpful to have your kind support.Gary was never wealthy in a worldly sense, but had treasure beyond measure in his friends. Basically, as was very evident at his wake and funeral, that pretty much included nearly everyone he met. Gary recognized something in those that were hurting financially, physically, or emotionally. I can't tell you how many people I asked, "so how did you know Gary?" who answered, "we met at Dunkins" meaning Dunkin Donuts.
He gave whatever he could to help those in need, most notably his time and widely acknowledged talents. Gary could read a book about anything and then do it. He lived on 27 acres in New Hampshire, on land that had been in his wife's family since 1743. He never rested, always working on the farmhouse, or building another post and beam barn on the property. He was always smiling and laughing, even if it was just at the absurdities in life. He left behind a wife and his 12 year old son, whom he loved beyond measure.
It was determined that Gary's breathing stopped due to a drug interaction. He took prescription medication for various ailments and had recently turned to illegal drugs for pain? recreation? Psychometric drugs are not playthings, and the combination was lethal for Gary.
Whenever we talked on the phone, I always felt like he'd be here tomorrow if I told him I needed him. I'm going to miss him. I wish you peace, Brother, and blue skies.