Sorry to have been silent for so long. Today, I delivered a Bubble Wrap Cap in a deep chocolate brown alpaca to my good friend from work, Jaimee. He was so excited to receive it! It has been very cold here and he has a shaved head. Of course, as I finished it Friday evening, My Good Man said, "Hey, when do I get one of those?" So, guess what I am casting on tonight.
I have fussed and fought with ideas for a felted tote recently, as I have a great quantity of Brown Sheep wool that has decided it will never be a sweater. I think I cast on no less than 15 times, each time sure that the envisaged size, shape, final form and handles were exactly what the mind dictated. My Good Man watched as I kept casting on and ripping out, knitting 10 rows with a vengeance, then sighing and pulling it off the needles. Finally, as we watched the SuperBowl, I began to make progress. Now, we shall see. I have picked up all the stitches round the base of the bag and am knitting up from there. It's going to be a tote. But my youngest suggested I make a dachshund bag, you know, long and squat. So we will just see where it goes. I think Elizabeth Zimmerman called this knitting empirically.
Can't argue with the Sensei of the Needles, now, can I?
Blue skies!