
Monterey was marvelous! Full of beautiful sights, like these luscious hydrangeas, of which I am very jealous because they are difficult to grow in Utah.

While on the plane knitting Mom's socks, I took a good look and realized my gauge was way off. These would fit my father! So I searched for and found a wonderful yarn shop in Pacific Grove (right next door to Monterey). This is a charming town, full of darling cottages.
Monarch Yarn and Quilts is a great resource full of scrumptious yarns and very kind-hearted people. I managed to lock my keys in my rental car (thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week...) and owner Joan Williams and the friendly staff gave me all kinds of assistance. Including Kleenex as my tears of frustration at myself welled up.

The inside of the shop was just as fun,with a fabulous selection of needles, excellent yarns, and even spinning wheels.

My stash enhancement was amplified by the two-and-a-half hour wait for the tow truck guy with the get-into-the-rental-car tool, which took him all of 10.8 seconds. Still, it was nice to calm myself among fiber and new friends, and even gaze longingly at the spinning wheels for sale.
I came home to flu, with the flu, or some such gombu. Laid me low for most of the week.
More details on stash and sock photos tomorrow.