Friday, June 29, 2007

The Day of Praise

Today we received an AMAZING wedding present...one of our alpacas delivered our first cria! She is a healthy 17 pound perfectly conformed girl with such spunk and presence, it takes your breath away to see her in person. Though stills can't do her justice, you have to see what perfection she is. (I wonder if I'll wax poetic over my grandkids someday--taking bets, anyone?)
Born today at a10:40 a.m., our Praise.


She's full of fun and energy right from the start. This is less than 10 hours after birth.All the ladies in the neighborhood had to come say hello and offer kisses.


Look at that presence! Here I am world!

We decided to name her Sonny's Peruvian Pinto Praise, or Praise for short. Her sire was Blazen Son, she's full Peruvian, she's a multi-colored pinto, and we feel so blessed to have had a healthy baby and a girl to boot! There really was no other name for her. Though I did toy for a while with Sugar Cookie and Cutie Patootie. Okay, now I am just embarrassing myself. Sigh!
Blue skies,

Lark