
The SnB group is having an anniversary party! We were asked to create an item using less than $10 of yarn and the Arrowhead Lace pattern. I decided on fingerless mitts. These are made in Frog Tree Alpaca worsted weight, size 7 needles, my own pattern. Recognize the yarn? I had an extra ball left after making My Good Man's mum's Forest Canopy Shawl for Christmas. It's only a 69 yard ball, and I had some leftover. Not knowing how far the yarn would go, I opted for shorter cuffs. I think I would make them two rounds longer.
At the celebration, you are to bring a bag with your gift and take a bag that is not your gift. Then we will open them, gush and swoon and ask for patterns.
Unfortunately for me, I have to be out of town all week for business and will miss the party. However, I will contribute these.
The other way we are celebrating our blessings is to bring a new package of panties in our size to contribute to the local women's shelter. People always donate clothing, but don't think to donate underwear, and it is desperately needed. All year round.
Blue skies!