Friday, August 18, 2006

Fair Isle fun



I seem to have a thing for Fair Isle knitting lately. A few months ago, I completed this Stained Glass Hat from Green Mountain Spinnery. Loved the Mountain Mohair, which I bought on a trip to New England last Fall. If you have a chance to visit, the Spinnery is very interesting to see. I loved to see the old machinery working away. I liked the way the pattern was written. Very easy to understand. I have a pet peeve about patterns written for color knitting that talk about color names. I would rather have a pattern say Color A, Color B, etc. than the actual name of the colorway in a particular yarn.

Right now on the needles is this attempt at a Fair Isle beanie in cotton. It's a kit I bought at my LYS from KnitWhits.

Have to get off to work now. Want to finish this beanie this weekend. Have a great day, and do it on purpose!